Studying in Canada – your passport to a successful international career
How about learning English and studying in a spectacular, safe, peaceful, well-structured country that has one of the highest standards of living in the world? With extremely polite, receptive people who love the Brazilian people? In addition to Canada being one of the countries that invest the most in education in the world, it is always at the top of the UN ranking as one of the best places to live, study, and stroll.
10 reasons why you should go to study in Canada
- Canada has stood out among the top ten countries in the world to live and work.
- It is famous for having a safe, just, peaceful and very hospitable society, in addition to having a high standard of living
- In Canada, students enjoy one of the most beautiful natural environments in the world. The Canadian speaks clearly, facilitating learning. Teaching is of high quality.
- In winter the student has the opportunity to learn and practice different sports such as skating, skiing or snowboarding.
- The student still has the opportunity to learn French as a second language.
- Canadian English is correct English, easier to understand and learn, without the accents found in most other English-speaking countries.
- Canadians enjoy an excellent quality of life, among the best in the world.
- Another advantage is that the Canadian dollar is lower compared to the exchange rate of several countries, it is much cheaper to study English in Canada than in the United States.
- Cars and buses are the cheapest means of transport to travel in Canada.
- For an English course of less than 6 months, a student visa is not required
To study and live better
With a first-world infrastructure, security and a multicultural population, Canada is a welcoming country to receive students, immigrants and tourists from all over the world. As a bilingual nation, the country offers courses at all levels of English and French for students who wish to learn one or both languages at very attractive prices.
The schools offer an excellent pedagogical level and have a structure prepared for the integration of the student with the local culture. In addition to learning the language, students have the opportunity to meet and participate in various cultural and sporting attractions. The vast majority of schools organize a calendar with a daily entertainment program providing students with the opportunity to experience the true Canadian ethnic and cultural mix.
Canadian Education System
- Doctorate degree (3 years or more)
- Postgraduate (1 to 3 years)
- Bachelor (3 to 4 years)
- Vocational Technician (1 to 4 years)
- High School Diploma 11 to 4 years)
Meet the English proficiency exams
Created in 1979 by ETS (same TOEFL developer), at the request of the Japanese Ministry of Industry and International Trade, the TOEIC test (Test of English for International Communication) is an exam that measures English proficiency in the business environment .
For more than 25 years, TOEIC has been used by institutions, corporations and universities and is the standard test for measuring English language proficiency in the workplace around the world. Its validity is two years.
The TOEFL is one of the most popular international exams among those who intend to join the English-speaking universities, particularly in the United States and Canada. The test is open to people with different levels of English, the result of which indicates the level of proficiency in the candidate’s language. Its validity is for two years.
The IELTS is the international exam requested by most universities in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, and is also recognized in Canadian and American universities. IELTS is also widely used by those who want to immigrate or work in most English-speaking countries, such as Canada. The test is open to people with different levels of English proficiency, the result of which indicates the level of proficiency in the candidate’s language. Its validity is two years.
Cambridge University ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) certificates prove your command of English and are recognized by universities, companies and educational authorities in many English-speaking countries. Its validity does not expire. \
- The FCE is suitable for those who have knowledge of English above the intermediate level. Candidates are assessed on their ability to understand various topics and to communicate spontaneously and fluently with native English speakers. This exam is widely recognized in the areas of commerce and industry, and by educational institutions in English-speaking countries.
- The CAE is an advanced level exam for people who use English for professional or academic purposes, and it requires the candidate to be able to understand and interpret longer and more elaborate texts, as well as to participate in conversations and debates on topics of greater complexity. .
- The CPE is an exam recognized as proof of fluency in the use of English at an advanced level and which requires candidates to be able to express themselves accurately, fluently and spontaneously on complex topics.
CAE and CPE are recognized by a large number of universities in English-speaking countries as proof of linguistic competence for students who wish to enter an undergraduate or graduate course.
In Brazil, CAE and CPE are accepted by several universities as proof of linguistic competence for those who wish to attend the Pedagogical Complementation course and become English teachers at the elementary and secondary levels.